Home > Questions We Get > What forms does my wife need to get a Green Card if she came over on a student visa?

Q: My wife and her three children came to the states from England on my wife’s student visa in 2003. We have now been married for two years (as of last November). We have an 18 month old son together. What forms do we need to do so that my wife can get her green card?

A: Based on the information you provided, it sounds like you and your wife are eligible to use the DORA program which would allow her and her children to become permanent residents of the United States. This program is designed to have a decision reached in a case within 90 days of an interview. In many cases, it helps to have a lawyer prepare the documents, as they are quite a few and all documentation must be fully complete before you and your wife would be accepted into the DORA program.