Home > General Information > Re-Entry Permits – Get Biometrics Expedited Before Departing U.S.

Posted on December 31, 2008 by Robert A. Kraft

Lawful permanent residents (LPR) who are outside the United States for a short period of time, and seek entry back into the U.S. must present their permanent resident card (“green card”). If an LPR is going to be outside of the U.S. for more than one year, then the LPR must apply for a re-entry permit. The re-entry permit must be applied for in the United States, and the LPR must remain in the United States until biometrics (fingerprints) are taken.   If you applied for a re-entry permit, and departed the U.S. before the biometrics were taken, the permit may be denied as abandoned. Before departing the United States, a request to expedite scheduling of the required biometrics appointment may be made.  

Please call us for more information on expedited biometric appointment scheduling.

Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL