Home > Temporary Visas > Question: I Was Given a 10 Year Visa, Can I Stay in the U.S. the Entire 10 Years?

Posted on July 16, 2009 by Robert A. Kraft

Answer: NO. Most individuals are not aware that a visa that is placed in a person’s passport does not determine the length of authorized stay in the United States. When a foreign national is admitted into the U.S., he or she is issued Form I-94 Arrival/Departure record. Form I-94 shows the nonimmigrant category and indicates how long the foreign national is allowed to stay in the United States.

Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL