Posted on August 17, 2009 by Robert A. Kraft
A petitioner who sponsored a foreign national based on a temporary religious worker (R-1) visa is required to notify U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) within 14 days if the R-1 beneficiary is working less than the required number of hours, or the beneficiary was terminated before the expiration of his or her authorized stay.
The notification must include the following information:
- Employer’s information (name, address, telephone number, and FIEN associated with employer, if available);
- R-1 beneficiary’s information (name, address, telephone number, and FEIN associated with employer;
- USCIS receipt number of the approved R-1 petition.
Reason for the notification:
- R-1 beneficiary working less than the required number of hours; or
- R-1 beneficiary has been terminated before the authorized stay.
Employers can notify USCIS via e-mail or via letter mailed to the California Service Center. More information is available at the USCIS Web site.
Kraft & Associates will answer your R-1 questions. Call us at 214-999-9999.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL