Posted on November 15, 2006 by Robert A. Kraft
That was the headline of a story in yesterday’s Dallas Morning News about the flood of bills pre-filed in the Texas Legislature. The News article offers the opinion that immigration will be a primary focus of the legislative session that starts in January. Many of the pre-filed bills are definitely anti-immigration. Here is a partial list of immigration-related bills, as noted in the article:
* Enact a constitutional amendment to prohibit illegal immigrants from benefiting from state services, including health care, public assistance and education.
* Require proof of citizenship on delivery of medical assistance.
* Require proof of citizenship to vote.
* Require proof of legal residence to be considered for in-state tuition at colleges and universities.
* Require proof of employment eligibility to get any kind of business, occupational or professional license from the state, counties or cities.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL